Dr. F.J. Button and Dr. D.W. Brodie established the Stouffville Medical Centre in 1957 in a building at the corner of Victoria and Main Street. A dentist, Dr. W.A. Murphy, also practiced in the building for some time and an optometrist also provided services there for several years. At that time the Medical Centre was an example of the latest thinking in medical office design and was written up as an ideal building for a medical practice.
Since those early years many family physicians have joined the practice. Some have retired and some have left to pursue other goals. The ever changing needs for an expanding practice led to Stouffville Medical Centre’s move to its current location at 34 Civic Avenue in May 2006.